Oh.my.goodness. The rain this week was absolutely crazy! But, having to walk through it at school was even worse…everyone was soaking wet from head to toe! A good thing about rain, however, is that you can curl up on the couch or in bed at home. 🙂 Cozy blanket. Rainy weather. Netflix. Oh! Can’t forget that hot drink, and you’re all set for the day. 🙂 I’d usually go for hot chocolate during the cold weather but since St. Patrick’s Day is coming up, I found this great Mint White Hot Chocolate recipe from babble.com! Not only does it look yummy, but the mint color gives the drink a little extra flair. Hope you guys enjoy!
what you need: (serves 4)
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of half and half cream
- 8 oz. of chopped white chocolate
- 1 tsp. of peppermint extract
- a few drops of green food coloring
- marshmallows (optional)
- Heat milk and cream in a pot over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Stir in white chocolate.
- Remove from heat and set aside for a few minutes.
- Add peppermint extract and food coloring.
- Whisk until smooth.