Hey guys! Need help thinking of a dessert to make? Don’t worry because I’ve got your back! 🙂 I’m going to show you guys a recipe that is great when you need to make something in a hurry or just need to get rid of leftover candies and goodies. They’re easy to make and can be made without a mixer. These cookie bars are dense, thick, and full of texture. The fun part is that you can change up the recipe as you seem fit and add anything else you want also! Just use what you have on hand. Time to go through the kitchen now and rummage through all the sweets! 😛
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 18 Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup of M&M’s
- 1/3 cup of smooth cookie butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-by-8 inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray, and set aside.
3. Wait a few minutes before adding the egg to avoid scrambling it. Then, add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and whisk them all together until it’s smooth.
4. Add the 1/3 cup of cookie butter and stir to incorporate it.
5. Add the flour and stir until just combined, but don’t overmix.
6. Stir in the chopped Oreos.
7. Pour the cookie batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top a little with a spatula.
8. Sprinkle the M&Ms over the top and lightly press them down.
9. Bake for about 20- 22 minutes or until it seems done. The top should be set and the edges are slightly firm. You can use a toothpick to insert in the center and check to see if it comes out clean.
10. Allow the bars to cool in the pan for at least 30 minutes before slicing and serving.
Hope you enjoy! 🙂